Thursday, December 10, 2015

Red Bull BC One 2007: Lilou v. Roxrite





Where would you like to see BBoying go in the next 5 years?
For myself I would like to see BBoying stay raw in the underground like it has always been but also I would love to see more and more bboys/bgirls get to shine on a more visible level. I would like to see bboys and bgirls get more endorsements and more opportunity for them to survive off their craft.

Do you ever feel like the pillars of Hip-Hop don’t interact with each other as they used to? If so, how would you like to remedy that issue?
This is definitely true. It’s like each element forgot about one another and only those that truly understand that this is a culture and not just music see it for what it is supposed to be. Honestly, I don’t know if there is a remedy. I feel some elements are only based on hits and money, so they don’t keep up with one another. Bboys/bgirls, graffiti artist and some DJs are fans of one another. Once they reach mainstream success they don’t incorporate what Hip Hop is. They just push whatever the trend is. I guess the best way to change this is to start with education and teaching people what Hip Hop was, where we’re at, and where we can take it from here as a whole, not just one element.

read full interview here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment