Friday, July 3, 2015

Kendrick Lamar responds to Fox news

“This is our music,” he later added. “This is us expressing ourselves. Rather [than] going out here and doing the murders myself, I want to express myself in a positive light the same way other artists are doing. Not going out in the streets, go in the booth and talking about the situation and hoping these kids can find some type of influence on it in a positive manner. Coming from these streets and coming from these neighborhoods, we’re taking our talents and putting ‘em inside the studio.”


“The problem isn’t me standing on the cop car,” said Lamar. “I think his attempt is eluding the real problem, the senseless act of killing these young boys. I think for the most part it’s avoiding the truth. This is reality, this is my world, this is what I talk about in my music and you can’t delude that. Me being on top of a cop car that’s the perforamce piece after these senseless acts. Of course I’m going to be enraged by what’s going on out here. Of course im going to speak on it. But at the same time you can’t delude the overall message. Yea we’re angry about what’s going on. Yea we see what’s going on, but you can’t do that. You can’t take away our hope and our privilege that things are going to be okay at the end of the day.”

He points out to say hip-hop is not the problem. It’s the current situations that are happening in the world that are the problem.
source

No comments:

Post a Comment